Manchester Local Offer for Children and Young People with SEN and disabilities
What is it?
The Local Offer is published as part of the special educational needs and disability (SEND) reforms included in the Government’s Children and Families Bill (2013). It will:
- give you information about education, health and care services
- give you information about leisure activities and support groups
- hold all the information in one place
- be clear, comprehensive and accessible
- make service provision more responsive to local needs
- be developed and reviewed with service providers and service users.
The Local Offer is for:
- children and young people with SEN and/or disabilities (SEND) from 0-25 years
- their parents and carers
- practitioners and professionals
How will it help me?
It will help you:
- find out what you need to know easily
- find information when you need it and to be less dependent on other people to do this for you
- find the nearest and most suitable services
- to ask the right questions
- to provide feedback about what is needed, raise concerns or make a complaint
What makes it different?
The Local Offer is more than a directory. It brings everything into one place and has been developed with parents/carers children and young people. It will help you identify the right services for you by giving clear information about who can access services (eligibility criteria) and how to access services.
It gives information about how you can find further help if you need it.